Excel: Power User
Excel: Power User
This advanced Microsoft Excel training course is great for anyone interested in taking Excel to the next level! We'll review VLOOKUP's, INDEX / MATCH functions, pivot tables, charts, array formulas, and more. Enroll now!
GSA Checkout → GSA
Course ID: A1200d
Duration: 1 Day | 2 Modules (9:00 am - 4:00 pm PST)
Location: In-Person (San Francisco) or Live Online | Click here to schedule private course.
Putting data to work in new and creative ways is a huge part of what makes Excel great. In this course, users will learn to take new and familiar tools and use them to create dynamic, easy-to-use workbooks. Users will learn to put Data Mining tools like VLOOKUP and INDEX/MATCH to work when processing information. Strategies for building complex charts and pivot tables will be discussed along with a crash course on building Array functions/formulas and macros. This course is the natural next step for those who feel like “There has to be a better way!”.
+ Who Should Attend
Advanced Excel users, Financial Analysts, Accounting professionals, Data Analysts, and anyone interested in taking Excel to the next level!
+ Course Outline
Data Mining Techniques
- Troubleshooting Vlookup
- MATCH for column lookup
- INDEX & MATCH
- VLOOKUP with IFERROR for secondary lookup table
- IF, YEAR, MONTH, TEXT, MID
Advanced Pivot Table Techniques
- Outside Formula Building (Get Pivot Data)
- Calculated Items & Fields
- Grouping (Dates & Manual)
- Show Values as (Alternate Data Views)
- Useful Array Functions
- Index & Match for multiple lookup values
Advanced Conditional Formatting
- Highlight Entire Row
- Based on Logical Test
- Banded Rows
- Recommended Charts
- New Charts: Having the correct data for each chart type
- Combo Charts
- Rigging up existing charts to display what you want
- Using Radio Buttons and Form Controls
- Report Generators
- Creating and Using Buttons
- VBA Essential Code Blocks
- If Then statements
- Do Until loops
There are no prerequisites for this course.